- Municipal Manager
Office of the Municipal ManagerVision
Our Vision is to become an economically viable Municipality by 2030.Mission
To develop our institutional capacity by using all resources at our disposal towards economic sustainability and to deliver quality services through public participation.
Provide leadership to the municipality & support council in fulfilling its mandate
- Internal audit
- Risk Management
- Inter-governmental Relations
- Organizational performance
- Public Participation
- Chief Finance Officer
Budget & Treasury Office DepartmentVision
Budget and Treasury Office will maintain financial stability and sustainability through prudent expenditure, sound financial systems and a range of revenue and funding sources.Mission
Will build effective functioning business units and ensure effective financial management of the municipality, through service excellence with cohesive and motivated team.
The efficient management of the finances of the municipality
- Coordination of budget
- Expenditure, financial control & reporting
- Credit management & revenue collection
- Provide Supply chain management services
- Contracts Management
- Provide support & capacity to line functions on budgeting & treasury
- Community and Social Services Manager
Community and Social Services Department
To coordinate community and social services activities of the municipality.
- Coordinate development of IDP
- Conduct town & spatial development planning
- Coordinate municipal By-Laws
- Facilitate local economic development
- Coordinate housing development Building regulations & enforcement
- Corporate Services Manager
Corporate Services DepartmentVISION
To become institutionally transformed municipality through sustainable human capacity building by 2030.MISSION
To attract and retain highly competent personnel by providing adequate systems and effective training development.
Undertake corporate & administrative services.
- Provide HR management & HRD services
- Employee Wellness services
- Provide Auxiliary services
- Provide IT services
- Provide Council support services
- Provide support & capacity to line functions on HR functions
- Labour Relations
- Infrastructure and Engineering Manager
Infrastructure and Engineering DepartmentVision
Delivery of high quality services focusing on sustainability and maintenance.Mission
We shall complete all annual targets per year under review using minimal resources.
To provide capital & maintain existing infrastructure.
- Project Management
- Municipal Infrastructure maintenance
- . Provision of road and Storm water
- Coordinate water management
- Coordinate electricity
- Provide waste management and environmental management services.
- Planning, LED, Housing and Tourism Manager
Strategic Planning, Housing& LED Department
The Department: Strategic Planning, Housing and LED is one of six departments in the UMzimkhulu Local Municipality. The department is headed by Ms N. Tyekela; supported by Mr T. Cele who is responsible for the Local Economic Development (LED) and Tourism units as well as Mr T. Maphumulo who is responsible for the Integrated Development Plan (IDP), Spatial Planning, Human Settlements, Building Control and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) units, as the Deputy Managers.
The main objective of the department is to coordinate planning activities of the municipality by undertaking the following functions:
- Coordinate the development and review of the IDP
- Conduct spatial development planning through the implementation of the Spatial Planning and Landuse Management Act 16 of 2013 (SPLUMA)
- Facilitate development applications
- Coordinate and enforce municipal By-Laws
- Facilitate local economic development and tourism
- Administer the issuing of business licenses
- Coordinate and facilitate human settlements development
- Coordinate and facilitate land administration
- Enforce building control regulations
- Provision of GIS services
- Prepare and develop the housing sector plan
- Prepare and Develop the Strategic Environmental Managemen Plan
- Facilitate and coordinate tourism in UMzimkhulu
- Development of policies in relation to Strategic Planning, Housing, LED, Tourism, Building controls, GIS & Town Planning.